1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods has back surgery, will miss The Masters

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by H.L. Mencken, Apr 1, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Worlds collide! They're killing Independent Tiger!

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/lindsey-vonn-close-friends-with-tiger-woods-ex-wife-elin-nordegren-2014214

Lindsey Vonn has become very close friends with boyfriend Tiger Woods' ex-wife, Elin Nordegren, sources tell Us Weekly exclusively.

... The source adds that the whole group recently went on vacation together, and that the fellow blondes occasionally took off on their own to grab drinks together, while Woods stayed with the kids. "Lindsey is really good for Tiger. She's strong, opinionated, and keeps him in line," the source explains. "Elin found that they are very similar and have a lot in common. They laugh and talk like they have been girlfriends forever."

Tiger can only be allowing this for the menage a trois possibility.

2. H.L. Mencken

H.L. Mencken Member

Without looking it up, I have to imagine some of those points were racked up before 1979, when the US was just kicking England's ass, not taking on all of Europe.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Finally, the REAL reason for the back surgery ...

4. Key

Key Well-Known Member

Good point. And one I had not considered.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Woods might not be the world's best Ryder Cup player but whose career record would you rather have, his or Colin Montgomerie's?

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I'd be shocked if he plays the British Open, either. When the announcement first came down, I thought that making it back for the PGA in August (at Valhalla, where he won in 2000) was about the earliest possible.

Draft saved Draft deleted