1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods has a cold

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Apr 5, 2013.

1. SI has a cover story on Tiger Woods, without talking to Tiger Woods.

Then Sherman whines about Woods making time for interviews when he has something to push.
    That's a legitimate complaint, but it's hardly limited to TW or big media.

http://www.shermanreport.com/not-talking-tiger-woods-snubs-sports-illustrated-for-cover-story/

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Here's your chance to be quoted on a blog. Just respond to this thread with something snarky.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That's right, he made me famous!

Regarding the story, I think the people quote were, in effect, Tiger talking. Maybe not John Cook (or maybe so), but Notah Begay and the swing coach and the caddie are still part of the machine.

Not sure what to make of it all. Some compelling stuff like he is finally acknowledging his longtime friendship with the Torrey Pines starter instead of staring through him. But it is Tiger so it could all still be pre-packaged. And the revisionism that Earl didn't push him into it is quite ridiculous.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Love the thread title, Evil. Talese's Sinatra profile is the crown jewel of writing a brilliant feature while dealing with an uncooperative subject.

http://www.esquire.com/features/ESQ1003-OCT_SINATRA_rev_

5. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

The Talese piece is, arguably, the single best piece of magazine writing I have ever read.

Of course, Chuck Pierce's DESTRUCTION of Eldrick Woods back in the day is on the Top 5 list, too.

rb

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Tiger Woods Has a Cold Sore might have been even better.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So Doug Ferguson sneezed?

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I liked the quote about how Tiger is "trying to treat people better. He's really working at it."

If you have to TRY and WORK to treat people decently, then you're just acting.

And you're still the same massive prick you've always been.

Draft saved Draft deleted