1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger Woods Done for year

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportshack06, Jun 18, 2008.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Blow to the Ryder Cup my ass. You could pull any slap off of the Nationwide Tour to accumulate the record that he has in Ryder Cup play.

2. Bob Sakamano

Bob Sakamano New Member

Partially, maybe. But I'd also wager they're not too pleased that historically, people will tend to put a * on these final two majors and attempt to label them as worthless since Tiger didn't play. Stupid, but it will happen for a lot of the golf fan base.

3. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

ESPN Radio just said stress fracture suffered 2 weeks earlier (cause of the pain) and ACL surgery..

4. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

[blue font] Wow...what a faker

5. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Given Tiger's piss-poor attitude toward the Ryder Cup and his record, this might actually be a help.

You're looking now at a team of

Phil
    Cink
    Furyk
    Leonard
    Weekley
    Perry
    Kim
    Snedeker

Capn's picks:
    Stricker
    Johnson
    Verplank
    Austin? Trahan? Mahan? CH3?

I like that group, honestly.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If he continues to play anywhere near respectable the rest of the year, I say you now have to cash in and make Rocco the captain's pick. People certainly won't be tuning in for Tiger.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Phil Knight just called R&D to discuss the development of advances in knee brace design, complete with a swoosh on the part that covers the patella tendon ....

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The legend of that U.S. Open win just grows and grows.

Tiger will be a monster next year, and I think the rest of his career it will be the irons and putter he will be known for. Those snap knee drives were just wrecking his knee.

9. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Rocco's made like two cuts all year and always plays well at the Open. Unless he goes on a tear this summer, which would probably get him in the top-8 anyway, I doubt he's a captain's pick.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The captain in Zinger, right?

Rocco is on the team.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

So somebody at ESPN saw the golf channel report.

12. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I said it before, and I'll say it again. He had no business in that playoff. He should have swallowed his pride and his unbending desire to win and look at the bigger picture. In fact, he shouldn't have played in that tournament at all. It was a mistake, and he might pay for it for the rest of his career. The fact that he eked out another major title means nothing in the grand scheme.

Draft saved Draft deleted