1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger scolds media in apology

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mediator, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

SF,

Still kind of fascinating.

1. Wonder if mom was the source of daughter's "insights" or, if not, if she is pissed. She probably figures everyone can make that assumption on their own.

2. How much is this debacle going to cost Woods, who is know to be tight with a dollar.

3. How incestuous has the news business become?

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Many times we have not run AP stories because they don't meet our standards of sourcing.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Frankly, I'm more interested to know why Uchitel needed at attorney in the first place.

4. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Well, first, I think she simply thought she needed one once her name was out there. Doesn't surprise me considering the familiy THAT CALLED 911 hired an attorney. Everybody hires an attorney, 21, you know that.

Ace, it's fascinating, true. But of all the years I've dealt with AP, I've never had a story more crystal clear that I wouldn't run. Ever. 32 years.

5. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I should have gone to law school.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

To handle all the monetary offers, obviously.

7. Bruhman

Bruhman Active Member

It's not too late, not in this Age of Reinvention for journalists (past, present and future)!

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Nah. Moddy's better off sending the little Moddy's to law school and hoping they are grateful.

9. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

My favorite Tiger freport this week was the one back on Tuesday or Wednesday where someone reported with a straight face that Tiger has been on the phoen most of the day with Nike, etc. making sure everythihg is okay.

Are you freakin' kidding me!!!!??? Guy's marriage has a three-alarm fire in progress and he's on the phone with Phil Knight et al telling them everything is cool.

If it were me, Elin gets $100 million right now, sole custody of the kids, and Tiger gets tossed back out onto that same spot on the lawn where he was found snoring with nothing more than a sleeping bag, a bag of chips, a couple of cokes and the cell phone that has Rachel and Jaimie on speed dial.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

The WaPo Style section today ran pictures of Rachel and Jaimee today. Cutlines were reversed, though. I chuckled, then realized I was way too obsessed with this story.

11. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

EVery photo I"ve seen of Uchitel, you can't really see her. Big sunglasses, closeup shots. Grubbs is just the opposite.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Good point about Uchitel, but the one in the post was with her without sunglasses. Had to look twice to make sure that was really her. Kinda weird not seeing her with sunglasses on.

Still...Rachel > Jaimee

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted