1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger High looking to join Big East?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Actually, Missouri is a better fit academically than Notre Dame is.

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Good point, AQB. I've always thought Mizzou was a natural fit. And as big a fan as I am of my alma mater, Cincy's a pair of brown shoes in a tuxedo world, as far as the Big 11 goes. Plus, tOSU would never allow it.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Another point - the BE would be fine if the Irish would just drop their silly-ass "We're part of the conference in everything but football" tripe. They're afraid of losing a chunk of their TV payday - fine. I'm sure the BE would accommodate a large part of that. It would also be a nice safeguard for ND when NBC's no longer interested in their sorry asses, which if they keep limping along might be sooner than the Irish think.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Won't happen soon.

5. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

To get ND in football, the BE would accommodate EVERY NICKEL of the ND football deal. The current BE members would be happy to cash the visitor's check for appearing in games at Notre Dame stadium and let ND keep their current share. They'd play as many league games, too, as ND wanted. Plus, if ND could ascend to dominate this league the way Miami did, it could reinvigorate their program.
    There are two reasons why ND won't do it:
    1) Ego. The powers behind the FB program really think they're above everyone else.
    2) Fear. They really fear that if they don't dominate a FB BE, they're done as a national power.

Draft saved Draft deleted