1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger has another cub on the way

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 2, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

BC-GLF—Tiger’s Family,0135
    Woods’ wife expecting another child
    Eds: APNewsNow. Moving on general news and sports services.
    ORLANDO, Fla. — Even with his golf done for the year, Tiger Woods found something to celebrate Tuesday: His wife is pregnant with their second child.
    Woods said on his Web site that Elin is expecting in late winter without being more specific on a due date.
    He has not played since his U.S. Open victory in June, and two weeks later had reconstructive surgery on his left knee that put him out for the year. Woods’ first child, daughter Sam, was born on Monday after the 2007 U.S. Open.
    He says the injury has been “a blessing and a disappointment.” He has begun rehabilitation and has traveled recently to Dubai and New York for business projects.
    Woods, an only child, had said after marrying in 2004 he wanted more than one child.

Well, he has to have something to do if he's not playing golf.

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I guess he found a worthwhile way to spend his time while not golfing. Congrats, Eldrick and Elin.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Doug if it's a boy. Fergie if it's a girl. :)

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

That would put conception before this layoff.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If conception was between rounds at the US Open, I'm going to be really impressed.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Anybody really surprised? I predicted this when he called it quits for the year. He's flat on his back after surgery, what else is there to do?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Who cares when he stroked her up? It's his wife for crying out loud. I congratulate him but he's no Shawn Kemp.
    But seriously, his kids won't have to want for much monetarily.

8. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Wow. That's ... profound.

9. Simon_Cowbell

water torture

10. Simon_Cowbell

See two posts above yours.... #3.

11. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Should be interesting to see -- if it's a boy -- if he'll take up golf. Might be a bit of a burden.

12. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted