1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger gets pummeled

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Nov 17, 2011.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And conversely, a lot of players -- even on their good days -- would have been crushed by Scott and Choi. They missed one fairway and four greens in 12 holes, and only took 17 putts on those crazyfast greens.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That always sounded like a marketing thing forced on Couples -- even when Couples picked him he made Tiger play a minor league event out in the Bay Area as some kind of "proof" he would be ready for competition. He proved nothing of the sort. But, you can't have an international event without the most famous golfer in the world, and since the Presidents Cup is just marketing bullshit anyway, it was worth it to them.

3. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Priceless

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Choi-Scott were making everything. The course is pretty cool, but I suspect Tiger will do better tonight since it's better ball instead of alternate shot.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The Aussies should have AC/DC start the day by singing "I've Got The Bestest Balls Of Them All!"

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Chris Jones posted this on Twitter with the hashtag #brokentigerhappycaddie. That made me giggle.

7. holy bull

holy bull Active Member

I was prepared to claim that a still photo doesn't tell the whole story and can be misleading, but in this case ... nope. Just saw the replay, and Tiger was a coldly malevolent, mechanical robot.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And that's different from the pre-crash, pre-split with Stevie exactly how?

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not being sarcastic or cynical, it's the truth.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Who's Tiger's muscle now that Stevie Down Under Wonder is the enemy?

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Joe LaCava, who's actually too nice a guy to get caught up in the world of shit that is now Tiger Land.

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

This.

LaCava is a class act who is far too smart and wise to get caught up in any of that.

As I posted on the other thread, that laughter you heard at this head-and-shoulders beating wasn't coming from Stevie Williams.

It was coming from Stephen Ames.

Draft saved Draft deleted