1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tiger 2.0 SI

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by zeke12, Mar 30, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

OK, most of us aren't magazine designers, but is that the worst fucking cover you've ever seen, or what?

Writing on a photo that doesn't really add anything.

Lame headline.

Headline is bigger than the folio.

Just butt-ugly, Imho. Thoughts?

2. MonitorLizard

MonitorLizard Member

The headline is wayyy too big, in my opinion, and it looks bad right below the SI nameplate. And yeah, the quote is pretty generic and doesn't give the slightest clue to the angle of the story. Boring AND ugly.

3. Page designer probably had as much luck as the rest of us trying to figure out what the hell the story was about.

4. My first thought was: "Wow, that was the best fucking quote you could find to put on the cover?"

In the end, though, it was fitting. A lame cover for a lame cover story.

5. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I can see they were going for something simple, something different, but it would have looked a lot better with a hed that didn't crash into the bottom of the name plate and used a much smaller more interesting quote. Even cutting it down to "I've always got to be challenged." I think would have popped a lot better. Still a boring quote, but at least it's not a long boring quote.

6. Willie-Butch

Willie-Butch Member

Tiger 2.0; I just don't get it.

Draft saved Draft deleted