1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thursday Trivia XIII

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by micropolitan guy, Apr 17, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks for reminding me how stupid I am -- again. I look forward to that every Thursday.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Huh, I didn't think you needed Thursday trivia to tell you that. :D

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It's a good change of pace.

4. Next week, bring something harder than the Dave Clark Five.

5. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I wouldn't expect you to be an expert on Appalachian State University sports. ;) ;D

It was 1986. I read it one day, I can't remember where -- I think it was on a site trying to bring back Wichita State football.

And we need Shocker Girl!

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

FB,

Hey, 99 percent of the people on this board never even heard of the Dave Clark 5, much les could identify the other four members.

The DC5 had sort of a Phil Spector "wall of sound" style with the sax and keybords; their best songs still hold up although a lot of their album stuff was pretty lame filler.

The music guy at the Microville Tech baseball games used to play "Catch us if you can" heading into the top of the ninth if the home team was ahead by 5 or more runs. Not sure if anyone else got the joke.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

99% of the folks over fifty, could (classify the group, if not the sub-members).

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No question. But my sense is that most of the people on this board are well under 50 years of age.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Pete Van Wieren, for whom I would run in front of a turbo-moving locomotive to rescue, had a bit a few nights ago about Hall of Famers who spent their entire major league careers with one team. There are a few obvious ones, a few not.

Draft saved Draft deleted