1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thursday, December 10th press conference at Fenway Park (re: Winter Classic)

Discussion in 'Freelance/stringer help available' started by IanA1985, Dec 2, 2009.

1. IanA1985

IanA1985 Member

Hello everyone,

In case you're a sports editor from the greater Philadelphia area (or anywhere throughout the world for that matter) and would like someone to cover the NHL's Winter Classic Press Conference at Fenway Park next Thursday, I'd be more than happy to do so.

NHL Facilities Operations Manager Dan Craig (the man tasked with maintaining the uniformity and quality of the ice surfaces in the more than 30 arenas in which NHL hockey is played) will be briefing the media regarding the Fenway Park transformation. He's been recognized as one of the world's foremost authorities on building and maintaining outdoor skating surfaces, Craig is responsible for transforming Fenway Park into a world class ice hockey rink on which the Bruins and Flyers will renew their fierce rivalry.

Upon the truck's arrival at Fenway Park at noon ET on December 10, Craig will be available to talk about the challenges and nuances of transforming 20,000 gallons of water into a sheet of ice two inches thick on the venerable ballpark's playing field. Craig also will update media on preparations for the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic and discuss the tools and technology being deployed to build the rink and ensure that the ice quality remains at the highest level.

I guarantee that my prices will be cheaper than anyone else's. I am more interested in getting clips at this point in my career as opposed to becoming rich. I do wish to be compensated, however. If you're interested, feel free to send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to show you my resume, with some clips, as well as a reference page. Many editors who utilize this site have used me in the past have taken advantage of my services and have been very pleased!

Draft saved Draft deleted