1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwing change at a stripper ain't cool

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by NDJournalist, May 28, 2013.

1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don't blame you. If she's offering a blowjob for for $75 the "whole way" shouldn't be more than $150.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this thread has accomplished anything, it shown the difference between US and Canadian culture.

3. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Paul Henderson hasn't paid for a lap dance since 1972.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I was at the Doll House in Raleigh when I was in town for the NHL Draft in 2004 and couldn't believe the number of couples there. ("Hey dear, Penelope Pumpkins is back in town this week if you're up for it.") I don't recall ever seeing any couples in strip joints up here and few women who weren't working there.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

I haven't been in years so I don't know if it's still the same, but at the bar in my hometown, you could go up on stage during a dance with a toonie in your teeth. The girl would straddle you and rub her tits in your face while using them to pluck the toonie out of your mouth. Good times.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

They don't have JJ Appreciation Night at The Harb anymore?

7. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Actually, the last couple times I've gone (to Solid Gold in Burlington) I've seen quite a few couples. They're super young, like 21-22, so it's for sure a case where the girl is still trying to hook the dude by showing she's kinky, open-minded, etc. I imagine that stops at marriage and/or age 23, whichever comes first.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

They only do it every 10 years now, to coincide with high school reunions.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

The sad thing is, one of my good friends and his wife go from time to time, not often mind you, but I know they've both definitely gone together before, and they've been married for a while now and have three kids. So there's that.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I don't find that sad at all

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I had never been at a Shcrip club east of the Manitoba/Ontario border when I ended up at The House of Lancaster back in the late 90's. My buddy (who could afford it) dropped about $500 on an impossibly hot Ukrainian peeler.

Unfortunately for him...

I had never been in a lap dance bar before and it skeeved me out to be perfectly honest, sniffers row in the Western peeler bars was enough for me. I would tip the loonie rather than get the motorboat experience.

I have somehow never made it to Club Supersex despite all the times I have been in Montreal

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

These are the cultural nuances the Rick Steves, Rudy Maxas, Burt Wolfs and Anthony Bourdains and the like fail to explain on their travel shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted