1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback thread: Baghdad Bob

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BitterYoungMatador2, May 22, 2008.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

As opposed to talking out of your ass and making statements like "Bush lied to us" HB you are in over your head on this discussion.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Ok Boom, where in Iraq were/are the world's most destructive weapons?

3. Boom_70

Its a speech that may turn out to be the most important speech given in the 21st century. Since many did not seem to absorb what The President was saying at the time, I feel its best now to spoon feed some of more important points to them. Show in the speech where The President said it would be easy.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

He didn't, and in fact he made it a lot more difficult for engaging in a war in a country that has been proven to have had nothing to do with Al-Qaeda or have any weapons of mass destruction.

I'm ashamed of my government's duplicity in the entire affair in Iraq, including the dossier that was proven to be a complete fraud.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3015272.stm

The same thing applies to the statement's Colin Powell gave to the UN.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2005-09-08-powell-iraq_x.htm

And so I ask what Bush's speech has to do with what has transpired since?

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

When even high ranking military officers who served over there tell me the whole that started this all was bullshit, well, that's all I need to know.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's what I thought.

And then Boom nukes his post. What a shocker.

7. Doing the topic a disservice? You must be joking. The topic was and is Baghdad Bob.

The Bush Derangement Syndrome is terminal with some of you folks.

I remember reading a recent Jon Heyman column on Bobby Valentine when out of nowhere he interjects that Valentine may be good but he's not perfect because he supported George Bush for President. But hey - what the heck - you people keeping on venting till your hearts content. Meanwhile most Americans will continue to tune out the Bush Deranged press or simply roll their eyes when forced to deal with them. Then in November when McCain wins by double digits you can all act surprised and talk about how this election must have been stolen because "you" people don't know anyone who would vote Republican."

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Not what you said earlier. You would think it would be easy to remember that which you had already typed.

9. Boom_70

After Heyman wrote a column defending Brian Mcnamee - before Clemens story broke , he lost all credibility with me.

10. Well you got me there. Your infallible logic has convinced me of the error of my ways and I'll go to city hall on Tuesday to change my party affiliation in homage to your tremendous ability to debate things on the Internet.

I'll even go out and buy a poster of Nancy Pelosi to hang on my bedroom wall. I'm sure my wife won't mind.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's always fun to have people say preposterous things about themselves. It usually means they have nothing else to bring to the discussion.

12. Dear G-B

Draft saved Draft deleted