1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Throwback Pepsi

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Simon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Rajon retired?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

fail.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Just drink Fresca.

If Jolt comes back, let me know.

4. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Never really left:

http://www.joltenergy.com/

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

The revelation about Mexican Coke was exciting so I started to look around locally since I'm in the southwest already. I'm out at the local Latino grocer and i find a bottle reading "Hecho en Mexico" that is stacked nicely in the cooler. I'm thinking, yes, this is my lucky day! Naturally I take one home. I pull it out of the bag, and peak at the ingredient label, and the second ingredient lists HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP! Talk about feeling like ralphie from Christmas Story. All I mustered was " sonofabitch." So obviously, my question is, what the hell happened?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

... is in my kitchen.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I found Throwback Pepsi and Heritage Dr Pepper in 20-ounce bottles at the 7-11 by my house. Drank the Pepsi...it was fine. Didn't taste like Diet, but wasn't fizzy enough for me. I might have the Dr Pepper later tonight, maybe tomorrow.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Dublin Dr Pepper in a can >>> Dublin Dr Pepper in a bottle.

And it's $5 cheaper by the case.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Once people figured out that you could steal those sodas with a bottle opener and a cup, those machines disappeared. (Never tried it, but saw Robert Downey Jr. do it in a movie once).

As for Throwback Pepsi, I bought a 12-pack recently and drank it over the course of a long car trip. It's pretty good, and a little smoother than the current version. One drawback I have noticed is that it's sticky; if you let any dry on the rim or don't completely clean up a spill, it's like molasses.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Heritage Dr Pepper...is on my desk, fizzing away!

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Had a Throwback Pepsi and Mountain Dew last night. The Pepsi was pretty damn good ... smooth, surprisingly refreshing and left no film on your teeth/gums. MD was fine, but it tasted just like the regular stuff.

Draft saved Draft deleted