1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

THRILLED to see bipartisan legislation that makes sense

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Oct 18, 2011.

1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Congratulations to Sen. Jim Webb (D) and Sen Richard Burr (R) for getting together and putting together legislation that protects our veterans.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/10/18/senators-va-has-denied-gun-rights-to-more-than-100000-veterans/

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

What could possibly go wrong?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

yeahhh, we need to get firearms into the hands of mentally defective veterans as soon as possible.

If not, the terrorists have won.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

C'mon, man. Why do that? Why exaggerate to make a cheap, partisan point?

Not mentally defective.

Mentally incompetent.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't "bipartisan support" imply that the thing has actual support? That bill isn't getting passed.

I loved the last line of the story:

"A VA spokesperson said that while the goals of bill were laudable, the VA sees it as unnecessary."

Even if you favor a society in which people walk around armed and ready to kill, why would you make THIS the thing you rally behind? I know everything I need to know about Jim Webb and Richard Burr just from the fact that they introduced this bill.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Of course Burr wants this, as his father claims to be a distant relative of Aaron Burr.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted