1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Texans arrested in Mackinac (Michigan) Bridge terrorism charges

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Aug 14, 2006.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Are they Robaire Smith, Kris Brown, and C.C. Brown?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

You're right, Bambi has the means, but the greater powers of the nation's gun industry, the low-quality beer market and the manufacturers of Kleenex all brought their power to bear on Bambi.

The UP's state bird should be a masturbating drunk deer hunter in a tree stand.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I find it very hard to believe a Yugo ever hit 75.

;D

4. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You must have been on vacation. I was wondering where you were last week to come up with some sort of dipwad theories about the terror arrests.
    Three guys buying 1,000 cell phones at wal-mart and taking pictures of a famous bridge.
    Yeah, just businessmen. Absolutely.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Michigan must seem like a bad dream to them now

I read that it took them 4 days to hitch home from Saginaw

There has been a theory going around that on a suspension bridge if you cause enough vibration the bridge will come down. these men were going to put the 80 cell phones on vibrate and lay them across bridge. Then they were going to computer diial all the phones at once and bring down the bridge.

6. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

Why am I not suprised this happened.

7. So the Americans didn't rush the Brits?
    The Brits say we did.
    Meanwhile, nobody's watching the ports, still, and they're cutting the money needed for improved baggage screeners. But we're being kept away from serial cellphone buyers.
    Unserious people. And liars, to boot.

8. Hey Fenian - if you are going to be the grumpy old man - can I suggest this as your icon?

[​IMG]

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Fenian, first time long time, a couple of questions, I'll hang up and listen, love your show:

You have been consistent in your views that nothing makes the morons in charge administration happier than the opportunity to dance around a bank of monitors showing airport lines and alleged terrorist arrests, shrieking 'SEE! SEE! Wiretaps, oh yeah baby!'  We are in agreement on this.

But you also seem skeptical about whether some of these events are actually events (ie, 1000 cellphones with the batteries removed and a map of a bridge: sinister hanky panky or early April Fools prank?....missing Egyptian students: plotting our destruction, or studying really really hard for exams at the Motel 6 by the highway).  My examples, not yours.

So (long run on sentence coming here);  liberal democrat that I am, wanting to believe our future does not rest in the disposal of toiletries, and does not believe you can reeducate, threaten, or bargain with an enemy who has nothing to lose and just wants you dead, I ask you: 

a) Do you think a different/new/former administration would/will/could have done better? and
    b) Do you think we're in as much danger as the media/government would like us to believe?

(ps, if Boom asks, I wasn't here.)

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

You know, FB, I tried to find some article backing up your contention that the U.S. "rushed" the Brits on this.
    I couldn't find much, but there was an article in the Tehran Times critical of how the two countries handled it.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And we know that had to be an objective piece.

12. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

I saw it, repeatedly, on CNN.

Draft saved Draft deleted