1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three teens (now women) freed in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, May 6, 2013.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

I don't want to know what happened to them, I don't want them to know that other people know what happened to them and I don't want them forced to tell anyone what happened.

And I want George R. R. Martin to sentence these creeps to 10 years in a locked cellar with Ramsay Bolton, no trial.

2. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

Browne's an absolute hack. I remember watching her multiple times on that show. Couldn't get over the fact that anyone believed her.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Are there any "psychics" who aren't absolute hacks?

4. Re: Three teens (now women) found in Cleveland after a decade or more in captivity

This one is... OK, I guess.

http://jimromenesko.com/2013/05/06/mentalists-headline-prediction-was-close/

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well I am certainly glad they observed sound scientific principles to guarantee the validity of the predictions.

6. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

You would think technology would have made more progress than that since the days of a mayonnaise jar on Funk and Wagnalls' porch.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

You are wrong, buffalo breath!

[​IMG]

May a diseased yak squat in your Froot Loops!

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The details are emerging, and they're ugly.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/07/missing-women-cleveland-brothers-arrested/2140359/

According to this report, neighbors called police MULTIPLE times when they saw strange things going on at the house. And nothing ever happened. The Cleveland police are going to have a lot of explaining to do.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That pretty much sums me up, too. This is amazing to me. Incredulous. Disgusting and sad, too. The question most on my mind though, is, how?

10. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

What bothers me most about this story is Michelle Knight. It seems Berry and DeJesus received lots of police attenetion (justifiably) but why did no one care about Michelle Knight?

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is just another reminder that doesn't matter what color, creed, race, ethnicity or nationality, there are sickos across every one of them. Cleveland, Austria, Indonesia, they're everywhere.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted