1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Pittsburgh police officers were killed and two others were injured...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Apr 4, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Well, I suppose you never know when the events of Red Dawn will come true......

2. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Better. Gun. Laws. Please.

3. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

One report said the killer was afraid Obama was going to enact new gun legislation that he disagreed with.

Jeez, how 'bout moving to some remote island.

Yes, a very sad story . . . again.

4. Notepad

Notepad Member

And then there is this-

"He always said that if someone tried to take his weapons away he would do what his forefathers told him to do and defend himself."

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

He's a fucking Pollock.

Just like my forefathers, I'm guessing his great grandparents were hording cabbage in Europe.

6. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

I have yet to hear a convincing argument in favor of ordinary citizens possessing assault rifles and automatic weapons.
    He bought guns because his quality of life had diminished? Having an AK-47 doesn't change the fact that you're a half-wit; it just makes you a half-wit with an AK-47. I can think of few things more dangerous.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

That still wont' stop this stuff from happening.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Corporal Joseph R. Pokorny is the first police fatality that comes to mind, but I don't think he was a city cop.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

State Trooper and it happened off the Parkway at the Roslyn Farms exit, about a mile and a half from where my mom lives.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

And another:

11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

I haven't heard a good argument either, but every time you ask the NRA and its supporters about it they say that's not the point.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This guy fired how many rounds and couldn't save one for his own temple. Honestly, save the Commonwealth the hundreds of thousands that will be spent on a trial and take your own life.

Draft saved Draft deleted