1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Bags grows a fifth digit!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

C'mon, troop. Step smartly over that digital threshhold and join the rest of us loosers.

We'll get slappy to pin your looserdom wings on your epaulets. :)

And congratulations.
  2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Although I knew I was approaching 10K, I had not intended to mark the occasion. But I woke up this morning and saw this thread, I realized I stopped one short. So, why not?

The only thing I’d like to do with number 10K is try to right a wrong. A wrong I shouldn’t have to right, because I should have kept my mouth shut, or my fingers still in this case.

A couple months back, I made a comment here that I should not have made. I said a joke about 9/11 was funny. I’ll admit, I got a chuckle out of the joke, no matter how tasteless it was.

But that wasn’t the offending, foot-in-mouth gaffe. I can’t remember if it was the same thread, or a few later, but I said I was “over it,” referring to 9/11. What a terrible thing to say, regardless if it was how I really felt. How I feel about 9/11 is really complicated, but I'm certainly not "over it" in the way it came out. And it obviously offended some folks – most certainly more than I know. And for that, I’m truly sorry. Not one of those “OK, ha ha, I’m sorry” I’m sorrys. A from-the-bottom-of-my-heart apology.

I’d particularly like to publicly apologize to BYH and spnited, who seemed the most upset about it – and they let me know it, through PMs and a few verbal lashings.

I deserved it. Every bit of it. And if I deserve more, bring it on.

And now I'll go back to making worthless posts and fade into relative sj obscurity.
  3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

A class act.
  4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

With TBF there, it makes 42 of us with 10,000-plus posts. What's the new 10,000? You know, something for the "less experienced" -- for lack of better words -- to reach.
  5. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

25,000. Which should take you a good solid hour of posting at this rate.

Congrats three_bags_full!
  6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

By Dec. 31. That's my goal. Not counting the 14 posts I've made today, I need to average exactly 30 posts a day to reach that. Take into count the four full days I won't be in front of the computer, it's 36.67. It will get done.
  7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to our club.
    Our chairman will now present you with this award...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, get over it, you 10K looser.
    We did.
  9. three_bags_full

I hope so. That one's been eating at me.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Active Member

You've been pardoned by S-P, TBF, take a bow.

Then take another one for No. 10,000. Welcome to the club.
  11. three_bags_full

For the girls

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Active Member

So, each bag now holds about 3,335 posts, give or take?
Draft saved Draft deleted