1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three Bags grows a fifth digit!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

C'mon, troop. Step smartly over that digital threshhold and join the rest of us loosers.

We'll get slappy to pin your looserdom wings on your epaulets. :)

And congratulations.

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Although I knew I was approaching 10K, I had not intended to mark the occasion. But I woke up this morning and saw this thread, I realized I stopped one short. So, why not?

The only thing I’d like to do with number 10K is try to right a wrong. A wrong I shouldn’t have to right, because I should have kept my mouth shut, or my fingers still in this case.

A couple months back, I made a comment here that I should not have made. I said a joke about 9/11 was funny. I’ll admit, I got a chuckle out of the joke, no matter how tasteless it was.

But that wasn’t the offending, foot-in-mouth gaffe. I can’t remember if it was the same thread, or a few later, but I said I was “over it,” referring to 9/11. What a terrible thing to say, regardless if it was how I really felt. How I feel about 9/11 is really complicated, but I'm certainly not "over it" in the way it came out. And it obviously offended some folks – most certainly more than I know. And for that, I’m truly sorry. Not one of those “OK, ha ha, I’m sorry” I’m sorrys. A from-the-bottom-of-my-heart apology.

I’d particularly like to publicly apologize to BYH and spnited, who seemed the most upset about it – and they let me know it, through PMs and a few verbal lashings.

I deserved it. Every bit of it. And if I deserve more, bring it on.

And now I'll go back to making worthless posts and fade into relative sj obscurity.

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

A class act.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

With TBF there, it makes 42 of us with 10,000-plus posts. What's the new 10,000? You know, something for the "less experienced" -- for lack of better words -- to reach.

5. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

25,000. Which should take you a good solid hour of posting at this rate.

Congrats three_bags_full!

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

By Dec. 31. That's my goal. Not counting the 14 posts I've made today, I need to average exactly 30 posts a day to reach that. Take into count the four full days I won't be in front of the computer, it's 36.67. It will get done.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Welcome to our club.
    Our chairman will now present you with this award...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Ah, get over it, you 10K looser.
    We did.

9. three_bags_full

I hope so. That one's been eating at me.

10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You've been pardoned by S-P, TBF, take a bow.

Then take another one for No. 10,000. Welcome to the club.

11. three_bags_full

For the girls

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

So, each bag now holds about 3,335 posts, give or take?

Draft saved Draft deleted