1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Threatening letters complain about cheerleaders, female athletes on TV

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Certain cameramen? I would say 8 out of 10 of 'em do it. It's like standard operating procedure. ::)

It's one of those things I never had the energy or inclination to say anything about.

I do think the problem will work itself out as more women make their way into trucks.

2. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Anyone remember the Athens Olympics? Remember how the AP/Reuters photogs would focus on the butts of beach volleyball players and send photos cropped conveniently to show only the barely covered booties? I remember those photos quite well, actually.

I also remember thinking it was kind of creepy that dozens of butt shots were crossing the wire with the photo editors knowing those were pretty much just for their personal joy and would never appear in a vast majority of the newspapers they were sending them to.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

*bowing in your direction*

4. It's gotta be the damn rap music.

5. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I've heard several radio outlets picking up this story today. Any more details yet?

6. chazp

chazp Active Member

The story was in USA Today this morning, but it didn't seem to have an update.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Thanks.

Just heard that the FBI is offering a $5K reward for helping in tracking down the letter-writer

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

According to tonight's latest AP update, the letters threatened "88 people to be shot."

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003576856

Maybe the sender thought it was a big yuk-yuk back in November and December and January and February when they sent 'em, but one thing's sure now: the cops are coming to get them, and they're bringing an ass-kicking along with 'em.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

10. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Good. This person needs help. And anyone threatening 88 shootings needs an ass kicking

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted