1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thrashers headed to Winnipeg

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Chase, May 31, 2011.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As a former St Louisian who, as a teenager who spent his grocery money on half-season tickets (loser!), I can tell you the Blues could have had Stevie Y wearing #19, next to Brian Sutter and Joey Mullen...

...and they still would have lost series after series to a lower-seeded Norris Division team with a hot goalie (Alain Chevier, Jon Casey). #StillBitter

Ornest saved hockey in St. Louis...and promptly helped give Calgary the title in 1989 with the Ron Caron-led trades. Yes, the Blues got Brett Hull out of the deals but Calgary got the cup. Caron's late-season deal in 1991 killed the momentum and chemistry of the best Blues team I've ever seen. 104 points...bounced by the damn North Stars.

However, the day the '93 Blues swept the Blackhawks - and Belfour went nuts, breaking his stick - ranks as a great day,

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Jon Casey was the shit!

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Jon Casey and the Amazing Technicolor Five-Hole!

4. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Great job on the unis and logos:

[​IMG]

Those are sharp.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Double J

Double J Active Member

They are. I want one.

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I've heard some say they're boring, but to me they're classy and cool at the same time.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

They came too late for me to get JR one for his birthday. Had to get him a $100 gift certificate to the Cheese Boutique instead. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted