1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts On Bo Ryan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BadgerBeer, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember watching Bennett's Wisconsin team lose to Michigan State in the national semifinals game in 2000 and it was about as painful to watch as elite college basketball could be.

He's a great coach, but that slowdown offense was just dreadful to watch. I never seemed to mind when Princeton did it, but I remember during that game overhearing someone behind me say, "Will somebody take a fucking shot?"

2. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Mizzou:

Had the pleasure of covering that Final Four (love indy) and was assigned to that game.

Reason that team couldn't take a shot that night was that it couldn't GET a shot against the team that played hellacious defense and won the national title two nights later.

That UW team finished just 8-8 in the Big Ten but got hot at the right time -- 11-4 in the last 15 games. The four losses? All against Michigan State.

UW averaged 63.5 ppg in the 11 victories; 46.3 ppg in the four losses to Sparty.

It wasn't the team so much as MSU's defense.

Still have the numbers on flash drive. Pathetic, I know. ;D

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

He didn't sit out a year going from Bowling Green to Utah. Or from Utah to Florida.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree that was an amazing MSU team. It was definitely strange seeing a team score something like 40 or 41 points in a game. Hell, Haslem scored 27 against them in the title game.

My favorite memory of that Final Four was that I was on the road covering something else and was about to fly home and my boss called me and said, "We just changed your ticket, drive to Indy and cover the Final Four." We had gotten one more credential than we thought we were getting, so I was sidebar boy. The best part was I had three days in Indy where I didn't have to write a single thing. I felt like I was on vacation.

Draft saved Draft deleted