1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts on a few fantasy football trades...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SuperflySnuka, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Hmmm...that makes me kind of glad I don't have Ronnie Brown on any teams. Jesse Chatman? Really? Hmmm.

Snuka: I like most of that team, but I hate your QBs.

2. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Yeah, so now thinking more about Maurice Jones-Drew and Ronnie Brown, don't do that first trade.

3. lol too late...

I actually love my QBs. I strongly believe that with point differential, QBs are a hell of a lot less valuable than WR/RB. With Losman in that offense, I don't think he'll be that far behind the second tier QBs, and with Campbell, damn, in Al's offense? BIG things...

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

If he's not hurt or busted up by Week 3, then you should be set with Campbell. But I'm a strong believer in QB play, so I usually go out of my way to pick up a couple big names.

Everywhere I've seen this fall say WRs are next to useless beyond the top five guys, so I didn't even bother picking many up. I think I took Devery Henderson, Michael Clayton, Mike Furrey and Darrell Jackson in my primary league. Either they'll blow up or it will be mediocre.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Fair enough. Hate was probably too strong a word. You and I share similar philosophies on QBs, but apparently different tastes. My popular picks this year were Kitna and Garcia (and Alex Smith when I could get him).

6. EB, I'm not trying to bust on you or anything, but I think you're thinking backwards...

Look at QB point differential:
    The top two or three QBs are spectacular. And then it's a crapshoot. Take Brees and Vince Young for example. Brees, a third rounder usually, is projected for about 280 points; Young, a 6th/7th rounder, 250. So, for four rounds worth of value, we're talking a measley two points per game. Is that worth having a Brandon Jackson as a starting RB over Edge James?

Brees/Jackson: 390 projected points
    Young/JAmes: 487 proj. points...

And, in terms of WRs, the most important thing is consistency and playing the free agent wire well. You'd ideally like to grab a WR in the third or fourth round, and then another one in the 7th/8th...

7. Barsuk: I'm huge, huge, HUGE on Kitna -- BUT HE WENT IN THE THIRD ROUND!?!?

What am I supposed to do about that? I strongly believe in avoiding QB/DEF/K runs...not worth it

8. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Damn. Third round? That's way too early. The entire reason I like him is because I can get him in the seventh or eighth, and then tack on Garcia in the next-to-last round or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted