1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts from Phoenix

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Angola!, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Angola!

Angola! Guest

New reasons my hotel sucks:
    1. Every 10 minutes for the last hour, the TV has been doing the cable checking thingie wear it beeps really loudly.
    2. You can\'t turn off the light outside the bathroom. There is no switch anywhere in the room to turn it off. What the fuck is that?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you brought your A game tonight.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

shit like that wouldn't happen at the radisson.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I just witness some drunk idiot attempt to climb the fence to get into the pool and fall off and cut his leg up on the cement. Good times. Maybe this hotel isn\\\'t so bad after all, thanks to the unintentional comedy.
    Also, I went out to smoke and some guy asked if I had a \\\"piece,\\\" I assumed this meant a gun and I thought I was about to die, but apparently he has some weed and wants to smoke it. Because when I asked him what he meant by piece, he asked if I had some paper, a cigar or an apple.

5. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That doesn't happen at the Radisson, either.

And could be worse: you could be in New Orleans, where I can tell you from personal experience the odds are 50/50 that a, umm, street vendor will ask you, "How much for your shoes, man?"

I have no idea what I would've done if I had told him "$50," and he had accepted. More disturbing? I have no idea what he would've done.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

they carry glass waterpipes for guest use in the lobby of the radisson.

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Two worst places I've stayed:

A motel in Houston where someone was shot outside our room during the night. We left not only the hotel but Houston the next morning.

A hotel in Dallas during the SUMMER where if I laid still for 10 minutes watching TV or trying to sleep the AC would cut off. When I asked about it, the manager said the AC was connected to a motion detector and would turn itself off every 10 minutes if it detected no movement i.e. "no one is in the room" as an "energy conservation feature." We changed hotels.

The best? The one in Houston where I was awakened at 6 a.m. by someone in the adjoining room screaming "Oh Baby! Ohh Baby! Ohhh, Bay-beeee!"

8. Yeah, but he says at least you were gentle. :p

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I stayed at one of those hotels once in Elkhart.
    I refused to believe there was a Westin in town. I was right. I'd been booked at Roscoe Weston's Motor Lodge....

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. We. Right.

11. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Off to Hohokam Park to watch Mariners vs. Cubs. It\'s just my luck that I have to watch Ted Lilly pitch. Baek is pitching for the Mariners, but they are split squad so I am not sure how good their players will be.

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

1. Jeremy Reed should never attempt to play left field again, he was eaten up by two balls and played worse than Soriano out there.
    2. Aramis Ramirez can\'t field, but boy can he hit.
    3. Ted Lilly and his issues with walking people will make him not worth his contract.
    4. If you go to a Cubs game, pony up the $20 for tickets to sit in the shade. Standing in left field in 93 degree weather was sketchy at best.
    5. 16 oz beers at the game cost $7, I had two, but next time I will be sure to do some day drinking before I head to the park.
    6. On to an ECHL hockey game with SportsJournalists.com special guest OTD.

Draft saved Draft deleted