1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thou Shalt Not Drive Slowly in the Left Lane!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't care if it rains or freezes long as I got my plastic Jesus riding on the dashboard of my car. I can go a hundred miles an hour long as I got the almighty power glued up there by a pair of fuzzy dice.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

If you're doing 60 in the left lane you shouldn't be there in the first place. If you see someone coming up behind you, signal, and move over. But really you shouldn't be there at all to begin with.

I'm getting really fed up with the fact that around here, the right lane is always damn near empty, making it the de-facto fast lane because idiots refuse to drive in it.

Lastly, most accidents aren't caused by some asshole driving fast, but by the disparity in speeds between two cars so close together. Either keep up with the rest of traffic in your lane, and if there's a long line of cars behind you then you aren't, or move over.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's fine by me. Give me the unimpeded lane. Let Joe Jamoke drive slow in the left lane.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

In Cali, you're expected to use the right (and every :D) lane to pass. Nobody moves over for you like they do back east.

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

When I come across car in extreme left lane that won't move over I enjoy riding in their blind spot

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I almost died 3 times while I was in LA.
    My.God. :D

7. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't care how fast you're going relative to the speed limit; if someone comes up behind you in the left lane, move the f--- over. Don't be THAT guy.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Well said.

If you're going 75 and some jackass is humping your bumper like boots in the sack, move over. Then glare at the fucker, and dive back into the left lane. Let him set the pace.

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

BTE, if the speed limit is 55 and you're doing 60 in anywhere other than the right lane, stay the fuck out of New Jersey or you'll be road kill.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Fixed.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

What's a middle lane? :D /guywholivesinruralMississippi

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was tempted to say something to the effect of, "No wonder this country has so many shitty drivers. Look at this site and how people talk about driving."

Then I remembered, sports journalists are among the worst, if not THE worst, drivers I've ever seen.

Draft saved Draft deleted