1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those of you with NESN and who love baseball history...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Corky Ramirez up on 94th St., Jul 11, 2007.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

...turn it on right now (7:30 p.m. EST)

They are showing an original broadcast of a Twins-Red Sox game from September 1967. I collect /trade original broadcasts of games as a hobby and this is the earliest complete game in color known to exist.

Ken Harrelson and (I think, I just turned to it) Ned Martin are doing play-by-play from Fenway. This is really sweet.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Cool stuff.

3. Songbird

They just announced tomorrow's starters: Jim Longbord against Dean Chance. Sounds like it'll be a good one.

4. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Who do you like in that one?
    And 40 years ago, and the Hawk was on the air? I thought he was still playing.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Longbord?

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Thought that was Tim McConnell

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll bet Pico Retrocelli is going to be a good one.

8. Songbird

I probably spelled Lonborg's name wrong. My bad.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Different Ken Harrelson. Hawk played on the (I believe) 68-70 teams with the Red Sox.

It is amazing that with the thousands upon thousands of games that were played in, say, 1970-79, very few are out there among our trading circles. The games that I have still have the commercials from back then, and if I had to guess, there are about 50 baseball games total for that decade. So for something like this to be out there is quite wonderful to us collectors.

10. Songbird

George Scott just went yard deep over the CF triangle. Petrocelli popped out.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

No need to apologize, we're not done making fun yet ;D

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Y'all sure it's not Ken Coleman who is announcing those Red Sox games in 1967?

The Hawk played a couple games for Boston in 1967, but he didn't start announcing 'til the mid-1970s.

Draft saved Draft deleted