1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson in '08

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PhilaYank36, May 30, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I am confident that Wright Thompson will make a wonderful and interesting president.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Story today said it was pretty much certain to happen. He should try something like wood carving or reconditioning classic cars if he's looking for a new distraction.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I've read differing views but the one thing he is still trying to gauge is how much scrutiny about his political career he'll have to survive and how much of his record he'll have to explain to both moderates and conservatives in order to be able to win a primary.

It is sort of like when Howard Stern was going to run for Mayor of New York -- until he found out he'd have to disclose his income.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

5. On the other hand, he's very nice to his grand-nieces.

[​IMG]

6. Billy Monday

Billy Monday Member

He's got a wife half his age (a turn-off to evangelicals), a history of health problems and has a reputation of not liking to work hard over long periods of time. He already looks exhausted.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Thompson runs, he will win the GOP nomination. Period.

This gaggle of candidates wouldn't stand a chance against either Hillary or Obama in November. The GOP is jonesing for the second coming of Reagan. Ergo...

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'm gonna hold out for Angie Harmon, if that's OK.

9. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

No, that's not Ok. As Fenian so aptly pointed out -- she was by far the worst ADA on that show.

Now Michael Moriarity might be OK.

10. C'mon, zag.
    Mike Logan For President!

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I don't care if she can prosecute. I just like the husky voice.

Michael Moriarity seems a little scrawny to me. Not sure of his abortion views, though.

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Jill Hennessey for President of the United States of Hot!

Draft saved Draft deleted