1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson in '08 thread got me thinking

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackyJackBN, Jun 4, 2007.

1. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

How about this for the '08 Presidential election: national ballot includes the Democratic primary winner, the Republican primary winner, and Dennis Kucinich, Newt Gingrich and Ralph Nader running as Independents. Now that would separate the sheep from the goats!

And Fenian and the Fenianistas, you can include that idiot Pat Buchanan to balance off Nader if it will make you happy.

I'm still reeling at the percentage of voters in the recent French election. I'd like to see us duplicate that.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'd rather see Ron Paul make the final cut.

Then Ragu will have someone to vote for...

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Didn't Ron Paul get more votes than Wallace in 68? ;D

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

And, really, if we're going for a fun collection, we can't leave out Mike Gravel.

I'm entirely convinced the man is a wikipedia invention, BTW...

5. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Who will you use to counter Paul and Gravel? We have to keep this thing balanced. How about Jack Kervorkian? Sure, you'll need to tweak the law of the land a bit.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Well, Kucinich counters Paul, and Gravel really needs no counter, as he's just a scared old man yelling to prove he's still alive, but if it had to be someone, Brownback.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The field's getting a little crowded. How about eliminating Gravel and Brownback and adding Barbara Boxer? Now we've got Repub, Dem, Kucinich, Gingrich, Nader, Paul, Buchanan and Boxer. That should bring 'em leaping out of the trees.

8. pallister

pallister Guest

So the solution to voter apathy is WORSE candidates? Interesting.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Well, we could try a totally humorless electorate without any sense of irony.

Oh, wait...

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

And to take you seriously for the briefest of moments, I do believe a ticket with Gingrich and Kucinich running as independents would flush out the kooks on either end of the electorate. If one of those two gentlemen is the candidate you love, well, mea culpa.

11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

What? No love for Alan Keyes?

12. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Heh. My wife, bless her heart, sat one night recently and seriously tried to pitch me a scenario in which Kucinich gets the nomination. She's really sold on that whole Department of Peace thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted