1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thompson finally enters race officially

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Beaker, Sep 5, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

A rare A++

Kudos, Pastor.

2. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Thanks! Do I get my US American citizenship now?

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Official citizenship ceremony in Newark next week...followed by a long day of soccer and drinking in your honor.

4. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The long day of soccer and drinking was going to happen anyway, but a ceremony in Newark can't be a bad thing.

5. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

Oh god, the hummer rallying cry is still strong as ever with some. Nevermind the successful military campaign in Kosovo, the economic prosperity and growth and the lowest welfare rate in history. He got a hummer!

Bush was in office nearly a year when 9/11 occured. His handlers knew bin Laden was a threat. The botched missile strike under Clinton was a helluva lot more than Bush even attempted in those nine months. What exactly did Bush do again in that time?

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

-- Ignored intelligence warnings.
    -- His minions ignored warnings from a heady FBI agent.
    -- He caused an international incident with the Chinese instead of just STFUing.

7. Dangerous_K

I guess Clinton forceably made him ignore those intelligence warnings.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Such as.

9. Pastor --
    You are a US American.
    Or a South African.
    Such as.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And we're kicking ass in Iraq - at least on the military bases Bush stayed at when he was there.

11. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

As bad as things have been, I still shudder to think what would be if Gore were president.

$6.00/gallon gasoline, 1970s-style gas lines, massive energy taxes, draconian environmental regulations that cause massive layoffs as businesses relocate to China (where, conveniently, the Kyoto Protocol Gore thinks we should bow to doesn't apply), substantially higher taxes, even higher health care costs as the government tried to make the private healthcare industry look as bad as possible (wait, that's going on now) in an effort to snow us with socialized medicine. In a word: Welcome to the economy of the 1970s.

And 9-11 would have still happened.

The only major positive I see is that we wouldn't have gone into Iraq. But I also believe we might have been hit more than just once at home.

While I'm far from a Bush supporter, I thank God every day that 500 more Gore voters didn't show up in Florida in 2000.

12. Dangerous_K

The above seems to be a conservative rallying cry. I'm curious (and I'm not saying this in a dickhole fashion, I'm genuinely interested to read your points crimson) in the basis for this belief. What would have made things go this way as opposed to the prosperous years under Clinton?

Draft saved Draft deleted