1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This year's SI swimsuit edition cover model is ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, May 15, 2023.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Is there any point to the SI swimsuit issue other than to generate buzz and get people to talk about it? Continuing mission accomplished.

2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Gave ya a like, but we need the Just Say No Bear for the "ILF" part.

3. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

If SI really wanted to "stimulate" sales, it would do someone in mesh again ... excluding Gayle King, of course.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

My gosh. I’d forgotten about Stacey Williams.

Batman likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Nobody, and I mean nobody, has parlayed absolutely zero talent and an ability to attach oneself at the hip to a famous person at the start of the latter's ascension quite like Gayle King. She was terrible as an anchor in Hartford a thousand years ago and she's terrible now, but she's Oprah's BFF so that's enough.

Liut likes this.
  6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thus, King is unfirable. There would be boycotts of all CBS programming.
    She was "almost" tolerable when Rose and O'Donnell were carrying the CBS News morning program.
    I like Burleson, who is a multi-dimensional talent, but haven't watched in months.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And in May? The timing was perfect in the first issues, between the Super Bowl and March Madness/spring training.

But, hell, we're dealing with the same folks who thought Deion Sanders was Sportsman of the Year.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Is it a "special" or is it just one of the 12 issues they put out each year?

9. Typist Clerk

Typist Clerk Active Member

Haven't gotten a swimsuit issue as part of my subscription since 2020, I think. It's not even numbered as part of that volume. Newsstand only now?

Draft saved Draft deleted