1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This year's SI swimsuit edition cover model is ...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HanSenSE, May 15, 2023.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Hope you're sitting down, but Kathy Ireland doesn't make my Top 10 list. And especially this shot. Crazy eyes.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Every year. You look at the cover model and think, "There could never be a more beautiful woman."
    Then the next year, "Wow, she is even more beautiful than last year."
    Then the next year .........

I have to admit, I had completely forgotten about Stacey Williams. I guess I lied back in the day when I said I would never forget her. Thanks for the memory, Batman.

[​IMG]

And then, there came along Petra Nemcova. She was stranded for 18 hours clinging to a palm tree after a tsunami.

[​IMG]

SixToe and Batman like this.
  4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

How about fucking respecting those of us who maybe like the crazy eyes? :D

The eyes matching perfectly w/the water really make that for me. Well, among other things.

Huggy, SixToe and Slacker like this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, Stacey Williams was terrific. I also had a crush on a Stacy (no e) Williams at my middle and high school, so I'm pretty much convinced that the hundreds of Stac(e)y Williams that must inhabit the planet are all beautiful.

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

The Tyra Banks cover was the one of my youth I most remember.

garrow likes this.
  7. As The Crow Flies

As The Crow Flies Active Member

I was just about to say that was the one I remember. I pulled it out of the mailbox as a 14 year old, saw the cover and immediately ran for my bedroom with the "contraband"

Dad: "Hey, did Sports Illustrated come this week?

Me: "Huh, that's weird. Haven't seen it."

8. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

I think the '78 issue with Cheryl Tiegs in the white mesh suit was my first one. My parents confiscated it and wouldn't let me have it. I was super pissed, until I realized I had other friends with the issue.

Liut and garrow like this.
  9. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

Christie in '80 did it for me

garrow likes this.
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

No love for all-time 6 Kate Upton?

Mark me down for Elle Macpherson as my No. 1. Brinkley and Ireland up there of course. And looking back at covers, Mrs. Derek Jeter is all kinds of amazing.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

This was the last SI swimsuit edition I ever had, as part of my subscription in 2003.

IMG_4296.jpeg

My very pregnant wife gave me the stink eye when she saw it, so I stashed it in my pickup with the thought I could browse at my leisure some other time.

Instead it was sacrificed days later so that my 2-wheel drive Mazda could gain traction to escape the mud bog I was forced to park in while covering a region basketball tournament in Nahunta, Ga. My son was born the next month and my swimsuit edition days were done.

12. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I kinda like brunette Petra slightly more than blonde Petra. But I guess it doesn't really matter.

Draft saved Draft deleted