1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This will cure all of the Catholic Church's ills.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Jun 15, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I agree with you Bubs. The act of penitence is the Catholic version of mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima mea culpa...

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The "under my roof" line is a return to the first English translations of the Mass in the 1960s, when they switched from the Latin. Like that's supposed to be a good thing.

Jesus Christ, most likely, never spoke Latin, or if he did, it was through clenched teeth, since the Romans were the occupying totalitarian dictatorship which was occupying his native land.

If the Catholic Church wants to make some changes that matter:

1. Enthusiastically cooperate in the prosecution, trial and imprisonment of all pedophile priests and their adminstrative enablers (i.e. bishops). Defrock and excommunicate any such persons when credible evidence is available (i.e., NOT after the conclusion of criminal trials). Support the full legal weight of the criminal justice system to imprison them for a long, long time.

2. Allow priests to marry. They go on and on about the sanctity of married life as the ultimate goal of the faithful, then forbid their priests to practice it. Moronic.

3. Institute a graduated program which will allow women to join the priesthood within the next 10-20 years.

They wring their hands about three big problems:

a) we can't convince anyone to become priests;
    b) those priests we DO attract appear to be highly disposed to maladjusted sexual behavior; and
    c) the rank-and-file membership is becoming absolutely enraged about their church being associated with a pack of predatory pedophiles, and their contributions being used to support them, and are thus walking away in droves. :eek: :eek:

Hmmmmmm. Pretty hard to figure out how to solve those problems, eh?? ::) ::)

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's why AlleyAllenism is the best religion going. Worship from the comfort of your sofa and I fully embrace the concept of Buddy Christ.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Listen to you with all of that common sense. This is a bunch that wasn't sure for years whether condoms were a good thing or not.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Nuh uh . . . Horny and BBJ are much better, dammit. And BBJ would kick Buddy Christ's ass!

Draft saved Draft deleted