1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This used to be the sj.com football poll thread. Now it's just nothin...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by slappy4428, Jul 13, 2009.

1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Re: FINAL CALL: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Would be happy to help. Live in Midwest, within 200 miles of Big Ten/Big XII/MAC schools. Watch between 14-17 college FB games a week, via TiVo, and am an amateur College FB handicapper of sorts.

Happy to help, if need be. Just let me know.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Re: FINAL CALL: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

In other words, If someone tells me via PM, I'm putting them on the list of candidates.
    If someone tells me on this thread they are interested, I'm not.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How many candidates do we have this year?

4. Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Yeah. Something tells me there will never be a shortage of panelists from the Deep South.

5. Re: First Call: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

I heard that, and I feel your pain.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

One. You. All you need to know.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And what does Nate Silver think about their chances?

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Damn I'm glad I was lurking around tonight, almost missed getting back in.

9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

10. Re: FINAL CALL: 2009 SportsJournalists.com college football poll is looking for participants

Bump.

Slap, when are you going to announce the pollsters so we can get our preseason poll out.
    I'm ready to make Oklahoma State my preseason No. 1.

11. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Just using some logic here, but I'm guessing since Slappy's earlier post here said get a PM to him by Friday night probably means, no list until Saturday at the earliest.

12. GRUDGE

GRUDGE Member

If you have all the people you need, sorry I missed it. If it is open please count me in.

Draft saved Draft deleted