1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This really f*cking sucks

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Jun 2, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

She will remain alive in your memories. I'm sure she's smiling about the fact that she has people who care about her so deeply on Earth.

Every anniversary of a death is cause for reflection. Going forward, some days are still going to be better than others. To this day, I dread every May 16, even though it's now been 10 years since my aunt died.

I won't get too much into that story and threadjack what's been a great thread in memory of a great friend. I'll just leave it with the fact that my aunt and I were closer than most aunts and nephews. Later in life, she was more like a sister to me after starting out as almost my third parent.

It's still hard sometimes, but I draw comfort from the fact that I was able to deliver a eulogy for her and say goodbye that way.

2. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

KY:

My thoughts are with you. I know from experience, the first year is the most difficult with this kind of loss.

I'm glad you've been able to stop beating yourself up ... that vicious circle does no good. I know. As much as we don't understand on this plane, things happen for a reason, and it's all part of the plan somehow. I think maybe it's harder for journalists like us, because of who we are and what we do. We ask questions, and we (usually) get answers.

There are no answers for why our loved ones are snatched away from us so suddenly and cruelly.

Take care, friend. My thoughts are with you on this sad day.

3. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Sarah would've been 24 today ...

4. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

God bless. She's definitely in a better place.

Draft saved Draft deleted