1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This probably isn't thread-worthy, but...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Overrated, Aug 19, 2006.

1. Overrated

Overrated Guest

...I need to vent. I just got back from Tim Horton's with a breadbowl of chili. Don't criticize, I love them.

Anyway, I take out the breadbowl and the bread is just cut in half. There's nothing bowl-like about the fucking thing. :mad: :mad: :mad: It's a piece of round bread. Cut in half.

Also, I stopped at CVS on the way there and the lady asked, and I quote, "Do you have a CVS card at all?"

What do you mean, "at all?" Can I only have part of one? Sorry, I know it means nothing, I was just trying to make the thread more annoying. You guys can turn it into something about Coach COCKDIAN now while I go dip my "breadbowl" in my styrofoam bowl of chili.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Is anything here NOT thread-worthy?

BTW, where'd "Coach COCKDIAN" come from...it's got a nice ring to it.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

[​IMG]

"Then, the doctor told me that BOTH my eyes were lazy! And that's why it was the best summer ever."

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

how is bread a bowl and with chili? oh boy the farts! /COCKDIAN

5. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I made it up over on the Jerry Rice thread a little bit ago.

6. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

They have CVS in Canada? Or are you lucky enough to have a Tim Horton's nearby in America?

7. Overrated

Overrated Guest

I live in Michigan. There are plenty of Tim Horton's, although not off every exit as they seem to be in Ontario.

I also think they have the worst coffee of any chain. I like my coffee strong, not thick. I don't want to order a water to chase my coffee in the morning.

8. Trey Beamon

There's a CVS next to our office. Naturally, I stop in quite a bit for chips, pop (W. PA lingo for soda), Vasoline...you know, the essentials.

Once at the checkout line, I'm asked to sign up for an "Extra Care Card," something I've never shown an inkling of interest for. Needless to say, the cashier asks me the same damn thing the very next day. ::)

9. Overrated

Overrated Guest

It's worth signing up for, my friend. As is the Kroger's card.

10. Trey Beamon

My grandpap was a meat cutter at Kroger's, which split town (and the region) years ago.

I assume they're all over Michigan, P.Overrated. If you weren't aware, COCKDIAN works at the Flint Kroger's -- he's the bagger working line 4 with the bike helmet on. :D

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Nick, it's pop. They just don't know what to call it on the coasts. Also I found out when I moved from Kansas to the East Coast that my Dillon's card worked at Kroger, which was awesome.

Draft saved Draft deleted