1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

this might be a repeat of a few years back, but MOST STUPID SPORTS CITY...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Apr 14, 2008.

1. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Cincinnati.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

where do you live?

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I hate all of you.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Strong post. Tough to argue that.

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I can speak from experience. When they start losing/looking bad, it's hard to find the hats or shirts "our team" wears. Everybody and their brother wants to be a part of things when they're winning, though, and you'll get asked if you saw "our game" last night. The "our" thing is really quite a phenomenon cause when the team's doing well, it's "our" everything. But losing, it's just "the Cards." You should also listen to some of them talk about how their franchise's past is just as decorated as the Yankees ::)

6. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And I almost forgot about how St. Louis was such a passionate football town in the early 2000s with the Rams. Lifelong fans, in fact. Just forget about the football Cardinals thing.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you must be a royals and cubs fan.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I have no problem with Cubs fans. They don't act like douches. To be honest, I didn't have much of a problem with St. Louis fans till I went to college.

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I'll second that. My college seemed to be right on the Cardinals/Cubs boundary. Sure, Cubs fans are idiots, but at least they can admit it. Plus, they show up win or loss. (Whether or not they know they're in attendance...toss-up.)

There's a real arrogance in St. Louis fans that most of the country doesn't see.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I went to school in St. Louis. I saw it up close. 'Beetus nailed it, even if I may have a dog in this hunt.

Regarding their fair-weather shit with the Rams: Half of them were Bears fans until the Rams showed up. The other half were Colts fans.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you st. lou-hatin' sonuvabitch. :D

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Oh, I love St. Louis. Great, friendly city in which to get drunk. It just needs to realize it's not Chicago and never will be, no matter how hard it tries.

Draft saved Draft deleted