1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This latest Michael Vick situation will not end well.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 18, 2007.

1. leo1

leo1 Active Member

if the screener had half a brain, then yeah, hopefully she would've acted the same way.

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If he had that dream, he would have moved Ronald Curry to QB, seeing as how he's the reason Vick was never a first-team QB in his own district, much less the state.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He's a douche off the field.
    But he still has a lot of talent.
    It still dosn't top what Marcus did. Marijuana is bad and all but pointing a gun at a 17 year old at a Mickey D's is.....well, you know.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not the weed, it's the lack of judgement

5. Chuck~Taylor

True true.

6. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Sounds like it to me.

Flyers can't take bottles of water through security, yet this guy was "reluctant" to throw it away? I'd wonder, too. TSA officials have harrassed me for less.

I was amused at the line in the AP story that said two TSA workers recognized him. Umm, the first tip off would be because he's holding his boarding card and ID.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Might have been resin.

Not that I know what that is.

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Rode a plane four days ago. They did confiscate my toothpaste. They almost confiscated a small (but labeled) bottle of Pepto, and were harassing me about it, until some old guy chimed in, "I never seen nobody try to sneak the pink stuff on a plane before" and waved me through with a laugh. Whatever.

Never had any problems with either of those items before, and I've flown a number of times in the last six months. But this time, for the first time, they gave me shit about both. Go figure.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Why do I envision Michael Vick and Terrell Owens playing for the Raiders next season?

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Hmm, you think the Falcons would trade Vick for the rights to the No. 1 pick?

11. Chuck~Taylor

I don't know if anyone would take that contract.

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted