1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This kid tackles better than a lot of pros

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RagingCanuck, Oct 23, 2008.

1. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I thought Sean Taylor had a baby girl. This kid certainly hits like Taylor did.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I don't find six year olds getting flattened to be entertaining. The second comment is LMAO@that kid that got crushed .

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Was a good tackle, though.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The tackler got up and walked away after the hit because he knew he made the tackle 12 yards downfield. He didn't beat his chest and show his rear after a gainer like that like some Cowboys we know.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They virtually ran into each other. Its like the defender was hugging a teddy bear. He didn't even lower his shoulder. This is how all little kids tackle.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

It's funny seeing kids that little playing football but then I guess some people have the same response when they see seven year olds playing hockey in full uniform.

Tadpoles on ice.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Kids that age shouldn't be in full pads hitting each other. They can learn the fundamentals of the game without a kid getting hurt like that and possibly being turned off to the game before he is fully mature and can play fundamentally sound football and deal with the contact. At that age, why not run controlled clinics, or even better, have them play flag football, which teaches them the fundamentals of throwing, catching and running? The woman near the camera laughing when the kid got hit really pissed me off.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Absolutely, 100% agree. Why would you want to turn kids that young into mini-NFL players? And when the kid who gets popped in the video doesn't get up right away, it ceases to be cute, funny or in any way entertaining.

10. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

Holy shit, why were the laughing? The kid who got laid out is well on his way to becoming Wayne Chrebet part II

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They kid did not get laid out. And 6 year olds running around in pads may be too young. But its not like they can run fast or hit hard. Nobody is getting concussed out there our tearing ACLS.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Sure they can. A 6-year-old hitting you wouldn't hurt, but a 6-year-old hitting another one sure can. Plus, the hitter was bigger than the hittee and came running up at full speed. Given how the kid who was hit was flopping around, there's a good chance he got a concussion, what with a helmet-to-helmet hit, then bouncing off that hard artificial turf.

Put me in the column that says no way should kids that young be in full pads.

Draft saved Draft deleted