1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

One of the funerals will be about a mile from my house........I sure hope Phelps doesn't venture north.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

A gruesome and accurate observation.

3. Cowboycane

Cowboycane Member

I was thinking one of those Nike titanium bats that they made out of the old missile parts. Right about 32oz, so I could really turn on the inside head...errrr...pitch. Yeah, I meant to say pitch

4. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

Phelps has few followers other than family members.

As for his religious message, it's clearly convoluted. But the Old Testament is filled with instances in which God tells people to kill other people, often in great scores.

I know a lot of people who claim God tells them stuff (including the president of the United States). But usually it's about more mundane things than murder.

5. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Nice job folks...two wrongs don't make a right.

If someone really, REALLY deserves it, then I guess it's okay to stoop down to that level. Great logic.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Two pages and no mention of Superbat 3000? :'( Stephanie, we hardly knew ye.

7. markvid

markvid Guest

Wouldn't it be great if VA Tech's prez called for counter protests?
    Surround those mongoloids with about 1,000 people, watch them shit themselves like the cowards they are.

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Yeah, God does seem to be in a notably crankier, more vindictive, less-forgiving mood in the Old Testament than the New. That's something I've never heard devout Christians try to explain: why supposedly the same god seems to have two distinctly different personalities in the two testaments.

9. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Actually, they'd probably LOVE that. The more attention Phelps gets (negative or positive) the happier he is, that's the reason he always picks the funerals where the cameras are pointed to do his despicable shit.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

One Marine funeral that I went to a couple years ago, a really big one, his group was MIA.

The Marine motorcycle dudes probably played a role.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

With those heads, do you think it would do any good?

12. I'm just 2 1/2 hours away. Let's rock.

Draft saved Draft deleted