1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

They have a right to peacefully protest. I don't think this protest would be peaceful in anyway. But I doubt they'll end up doing it.

They would have way too many anti-Phelps folks there to show them the way out of town.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm in.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Would this group not need a permit from the city or county to protest legally?

If so, and it protests anyway, they should be arrested. But that just plays into their hands for TV time.

In college once, a similarly-minded group of evangelicals were giving everyone the lowdown on sinning. Drugs, partying, sex, music. A few students got upset when one of them said anyone who had cancer or a terminal illness obviously was a sinner, whore or whoremonger and was being punished.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I've seen them get their asses beaten once, and I'd love to see it happen again.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fuck that. Let's beat the shit out of them.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Make mine one of those carbon composite bats. Better wind resistence and more of a sweet spot. I've got dibs on putting one in Phelps' crotch.

7. Why is there no love for the hate groups?

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Perhaps its time for someone to prove that Phelps has lived a sinful life by ending his act the quick way. Honestly, would a jury even convict someone who killed Phelps at this point? I think they'd be more likely to wanna shake his hand and thank him.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was thinking a nice 36-ounce Ash ... but that might break, so maybe I better order a carbon composite as well.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

The quote about Cho doing God's work really makes me think that these people are just as sick as Cho, if not moreso ...

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Or to how about this idea from Starman's posts on other threads.

99-MPH heater to the earhole. No earhole because they aren't wearing helmets? GOOD!

12. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Who is a bigger idiot? Phelps, or the people who follow him. Religion wackos like him drive me crazy. But at least their acts shouldn't add to the pain of people already grieving.

Draft saved Draft deleted