1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just might do it: Fred Phelps whackos to picket VT funerals.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/04/18/national/main2699800.shtml

[​IMG]

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Why don't these lucatic killers ever take out people like Phelps? Dammit.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Let's, uh, hear about everyone having the right to protest now.

Really, let's hear it, because if I have my way, these people lose their right. No questions asked. Turn 'em away at the Blacksburg city limits through whatever means necessary.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fuck. I think I may agree with Starman that a little Louisville Slugger justice be meted out for Mr. Phelps and his ilk. That said, does anyone think he actually has the balls to show up? He's backed down before.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Why in Sam Hill would they protest this? Do they think all the victims were gay?

6. Wow. Unfuckingbelievable.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I keep hearin' it, but I don't be seein' it.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Never works here. Why would it work elsewhere?

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Apparently, dools, their stance is that since they were killed, they MUST have been living sinful lives. I think that's how it went.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Didn't one of us meet him once? Oz, was that you?

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

From what I can gather, Dools, the logic is that these kids and teachers were killed, so they must have deserved to die. They must have been sinners, or God wouldn't have let them perish.

It'd be one thing if these people came even remotely close to religion. But they're actually just attention whores, and while my own faith doesn't allow for the possibility of hell, I'm just hoping these folks have to ride coach to get to where they go in the afterlife. Next to a teething 2-year-old and a big fat guy.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

If we throw her in the river and she floats ... that would mean she's made of wood ... hence ...

Draft saved Draft deleted