1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just in: Women have boobs, Washington Post gets stupider

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

That's a millimeter more than I want to see of Hillary's sweater puppies. Turtlenecks all around please.

And Flash, that wasn't Brian Mulroney was it?

2. Flash

Flash Guest

It was very tasteful. They used his jaw to cover up the naughty parts ...

Seriously, no ... it was Kim Campbell.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Alright, you guys asked for it. NSFW NSFW

http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:MZQ8mNecEK7JPM:http://static.flickr.com/89/246646862_14c70e197a_t.jpg

4. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Now I won't enjoy sleep for the next two months. Thank you, assholes.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. rokski2

rokski2 New Member

How does this article make it into The Washington Post? This from a woman who also wrote a lengthy discussion of Speaker Pelosi's scarf choices during a recent Middle East trip:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/04/06/AR2007040600029.html

Look, I'm not saying there isn't an audience that is interested in women in positions of power's fashion choices. Or that there aren't good reasons for examining such phenomena, from a social sciences perspective.

But, IMO, when you're writing a supposedly-legitimate article in one of the nation's pre-eminent newspapers about a potential future president's cleavage, you are inviting: scorn, charges of partisanship, and evaluations of your work which could probably best be summarized in one word: 'farce.'

Who is supposed to take Hillary Clinton seriously after reading this article? Sure, there have been and will continue to be discussions of John Edwards' "prettiness," Mitt Romney's hair, and, yes, even Barrack Obama's beach "buffness."

But an entire article about a presidential candidate's cleavage, replete with pseudo-psychoanalytic interpretations of what the showing of said cleavage supposedly signifies?

Sad, indeed. At least that's how it looks from this vantage point.

6. Actually, yes.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Seems to me Hastert was at least a D-cup. Where was that story?

8. Where's Maggie Trudeau when we need her?

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

The Britney Spears of 70s North American Parliamentarianism!

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

[/ducking]

11. ballscribe

ballscribe Active Member

Recovering from manic-depression, a drunk-driving charge, most likely a truckload of pharmaceuticals, and girding herself against the possibility that one of her sons (Justin) is preparing a serious political run.

She actually looks great. You can almost picture Mick Jagger hitting that back in the day, 'cause she's held up better than he has.

The son, whom I saw in person a couple of weeks ago (our photog got a photo of him coming out of a porto-potty, which I hope they have archived for down the road) is scary pretty. And really tall.

Much better looking than his dad. If he has 1/10 of his father's charisma, and can somehow shake the general opinion that he's nothing more than a dilettante, he may someday attend NAFTA summits with whatever Bush offspring takes over the family business down there.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Doesn't anyone else see the comparison between a story like this (even in a supposed "fashion" forum) and the Charlie Pierce piece in another thread? Seriously...this is what politics has become.

Pa.
    Thet.
    Ic.

Draft saved Draft deleted