1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This just in: Women have boobs, Washington Post gets stupider

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JayFarrar, Jul 20, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/07/19/AR2007071902668.html?nav=hcmodule

Sweet fucking Christ, this ran on the front features front! And it was penned by a Pultizer Prize winner! Someone needs a punch in the mouth.
    This is the photo that got the Post all hot and bothered.
    [​IMG]

Edit: Yay, the X is gone!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's an infinitely better picture than the one that got spiked of her balls hanging out of her jogging shorts

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

OMG! The image (shudders)

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That's cleavage?

Honey...that's not cleavage. That's just wishful thinking.

5. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

She's the fashion writer, a very good one, and she often writes articles about the dress of politicians. Nothing wrong with it, in my opinion. It's her take on it.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The problem is that there's only about a millimeter of cleavage.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed like hell at that, but the magazine cover was WAY over the top...

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

At least with the late, lamented Spy, you knew what you were getting.
    But just one day after Hillary Clinton was called a traitor and aiding the enemy for doing her job. She gets ripped because she's a woman and has boobs.
    Is this really what the country needs for the next year and half before the election and maybe the next four or eight years after?
    Really?
    It's just stupid. I don't know why I expect the Post to be better than that, they aren't, serious times require serious people and we have a bunch of morons and idiots in charge of the government and the big press - the nets, CNN and the major papers - have failed miserably at doing their jobs
    So rather than report on things that matter, we instead get a rambling 1,000 words on Hillary Clinton's boobs.
    Pathetic.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

She may be a fashion writer, but that was a reach. Hell, I'd be saying the same thing if she'd written an article about Laura Bush. There's not enough cleavage to even comment on it.

12. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

She didn't get ripped for showing her boobs. She got gently chastised for not committing to the cleavage, which is relevant as far as what the fashion writer covers. I seem to remember a similar missive from Givhan when Dick Cheney wore a stupid looking hat.

No, it is not a grave matter. But it is her job to write about fashion, and she works in the center of the political universe.

Draft saved Draft deleted