1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"This is our country, this is our truck."

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDub, Oct 29, 2006.

1. NDub

NDub Guest

Is anyone tired of Chevrolet's stupid ads to sell it's new truck?

Mellencamp's song blows. Invoking images tragic images of the Freedom Towers and Hurricane Katrina damage is not how you should sell your trucks.

I never fail to hit mute or change the channel when this garbage comes on my TV. I get more pissed everytime it comes on.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've made fun of it several times, but there's no point. It's not going away anytime soon.

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Who is this John Mellencamp you speak of? This is the first I've heard of such an ad...

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Isn't this a D_B? Didn't we have a thread where we slammed these shitty commercials already?

5. NDub

NDub Guest

Who cares? Duplicate threads happen. I'm not here everyday to keep up with threads.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Just for that, you can bring us beer until we tell you to stop. Hop to it, noob.

7. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

These ads are deplorable. Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks being used to sell Chevy trucks - unbelievable. I'm embarassed for Mellencamp that he's allowed himself to do this.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Yeah, and from a marketing standpoint this ad is like preaching to the choir.

"Gee, not enough people are buying our trucks. Maybe in our next advertisement, we should go for the flag-waving patriots who would never buy a foreign auto anyway."

It doesn't make sense.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Some of those rednecks probably tried to run down MLK in a chevy pick up.

Maybe chevy is going after the "confederate flag crowd - alla Howard Dean. I just don't see it playing well with the "guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks" crowd.

11. NDub

NDub Guest

I've been a member here for a year longer than you have. Just because I don't have 5K posts doesn't mean I'm not around. Just not around enough to know every thread, buddy.

Back to the thread. Yeah, I forgot to mention Rosa Parks and MLK. That's ridiculous.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

You don't need to act like such a jerk about running jokes. I know that they're not that funny, but no need to get all defensive about them.

Draft saved Draft deleted