1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is How You Defend The Profession

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Jul 2, 2006.

1. http://www.crooksandliars.com/posts/2006/07/02/dana-priest-smacks-bill-bennett-around/

Dana Priest lets the air out of the gasbag.

2. Mutah

Mutah Member

Prime. Absolutely prime.

So, Billy, the USAToday story... because two of the companies weren't under contract to supply the information, but did anyway, that renders the whole story moot? Dolt.

"The American people elected this administration... to protect the country." Ah, so, anything they do is kosher? Fucking dolt.

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

William Bennett is a hypocritical gasbag with a 2-by-4 lodged up his ass.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That was awesome. I love subtle shots that go right for the jugular without the person having gotten down into the mud. You know it just destroyed the gasbag.

I guess the only solution left is for every news outlet to be required vet their stories with Bill Bennett before running them, since only he seems to know what is harmful to the country. Maybe we can give him a nifty-sounding title like the "news czar."

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dana, I will pumice your feet. Wash your car. You name it, it's yours.

That was fucking priceless.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Love it. It reminds me of the time Arthur Carlson told all of Cincinnati that his city council opponent was a drunk.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dana Priest = Cheese Cracker?

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I watched that tonight, and Bennett was getting pissed that he couldn't get in a word. Then he said it he was getting slammed 3-on-1.

And that was with Bill Safire as one of the three.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What a tool. It's astounding the arrogance he and the administration are displaying as they make the argument that they alone will determine what's legit to be published and what isn't.

Like they said, what information was released that terrorists didn't already know about?

10. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

So, Billy Boy, you still wanna throw Dana behind bars for her Pulitzer-winning work on Iraqi prisons?

11. Safire remaning loyal to the newspaper that stood behind all of his -- Atta in Prague, Hillary to be indicted, etc. -- bullshit.
    What a world.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You mean it's already there? Damn. I was hoping to be personally responsible for that.

{scratches No. 14 off life's to-do list}

Draft saved Draft deleted