1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is embarassing

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Aug 4, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

A few months ago, I started a Yahoo Personals profile and began sending emails to various women in my area. One of them is now my girlfriend, and has been for a few months. A couple of others I emailed I also went out with prior to meeting my girlfriend and had a good time with them.

Fast-forward to now, though. One of the women I emailed works here, is slightly higher ranking than me, and now that I've been moved into an instructor/facilitator team with her, I'm wondering how to handle things.

I should mention she has never actually acknowledged, to my face, that I chatted her up on a personals site, but I'm pretty sure the knowledge is there anyway.

Should I just pretend nothing ever happened and move on? Anyone else have experience with something like this?

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Yes. Pretend like nothing ever happened and move on.

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

You are both professional adults in a working environment. As McGwire would say, "Let the past stay in the past." No need to bring it up and make things awkward. She may not even remember.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

She may not remember. That's true. Of course, that's disappointing in terms of my "dating prowess."

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Did she say or do anything incriminating? You may be able to wrangle a raise out of this.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

She'd have remembered you if you finished on her grille.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Let the past stay there. If she ever brings it up, mention your girlfriend as a Yahoo success story, which would give her hope (if indeed she's still sifting through options).

8. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Where is WestCoastVol?? It's GRILL. ;D

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Thanks for the advice. I know the thread is a little self-serving, but I've never taken offense when someone starts a topic on something purely personal. It's fun to share in each other's lives.

10. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Don't say a damn thing about it. And she may not even remember you...women on those sites get tons of responses.

11. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

As Durden just pointed out, women receive zillions of responses on those things. Singling you out would mean that you made a real impression, which would probably have been a date. So, don't worry about it and don't take it as a knock on yourself either.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Passy, I've long thought that the grille spelling serves to class the phrase up a bit.

Indulge me.

Draft saved Draft deleted