1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is disheartening:

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hockeybeat, Sep 9, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you have a frontal lobe brain injury.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You may want to have the backal and sideal lobes checked, too.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

We'll have his head on a platter before the next election.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The person who FIRST fucked up, who could have had Saddam Hussein's smoking corpse lying on a slab within 36 hours in 1991, had he just given the word, was, of course:

[​IMG]

Or, we could always go back to the senile old dumbass who helped solidify Saddam in power:

[​IMG]

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Wehlllllllll.

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Politicians from both parties are responsible here.

Clinton's people didn't act with nearly the urgency that they should have, neither did Bush's people beforehand.

After it happened, Bush decided that bagging Saddam Hussein was somehow a higher priority than finding Bin Laden, then went in with faulty intelligence and no real plan for what the hell to do with the damn place once Saddam was gone.

The Dems erred by trotting out boring stiffs with no clear alternative of their own, allowing Rove to rip them shreds.

Politicians are politicians.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

I'm tired of the blaming Clinton bit. It's a helluva reach and more than a little sad.

When Clinton was in office OBL was nothing more than a guy who might, at some point, attempt to attack this country. He was a bad guy on a list with 200 other bad guys.

Since 9-11-01, he is the guy in charge of a terrorist organization that was responsible for the worst attack this country has ever witnessed.

There is no comparison between the two. NONE.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Besides, there's no debate to be had here. Bush already said Mission Accomplished. Americans can sleep safe tonight.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Come on, folks. We all know what Bush is . . .

[​IMG]

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

SC with a clutch post once again. :D

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I aim to please, Doc, plus it's been months since I posted that.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Actually, bin Laden was one of the unindicted co-conspirators in the original 1993 bombing of the WTC. He was not Just "a guy on a list."

But either way, it accomplishes nothing to sit here now and blame Clinton. I'm pretty sure the country won't make the mistake of electing him again -- or his wife. New York may make that mistake, but the country won't.

Draft saved Draft deleted