1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This Is An AMAZING Political Ad

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Flying Headbutt, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

And by amazing I mean laughably absurd and yet somehow it's real too. Living in the DC area, I've seen the ads between Allen and Webb, Steele and Cardin, and the ultimate nasty campaign right now around here which is the Maryland Governor's race. But this, wow, just watch it. You'll never guess where it's going until it actually gets there.

2. I actually guessed it right off.

I did think it amusing that a guy in Virginia went out of his way to point out he's a "hockey dad."

3. I think this is in Wisconsin.

5. Back off, hoser.
    http://www.valleyvipershockey.com/

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, he's running in Wisconsin's third district. Which I know nothing about but I'm guessing is full of commune living hippies. I say that because Ron Kind seems extremely liberal, and if this district was actually up for grabs the GOP would never let this clown near an election form.

7. FH --
    Not so much.
    http://www.house.gov/kind/district.shtml
    It's west of Madison, and mostly old Scandavian farmers.

8. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

The 3rd district includes St. Croix County -- which basically is a Twin Cities suburb -- and is hockey mad. Hockey is very big in Hudson/New Richmond/Somerset and is growing rapidly in Menomonie/Eau Claire.

Nelson doesn't stand a chance against Kind, who will have that seat until he decides to run for governor or senator. Kind is a moderate in the Bill Clinton mode -- at least, that is the way he presents himself. And he is very big into dairy issues, which is key for the district. Ever since winning his first term in 96, Kind really hasn't had a close race. The ran the state senate majority leader against him in 2004 and Kind got 56 percent of the vote in a race that wasn't even that close. I guess Nelson figures his only chance is to create buzz and go ultra negative. Nelson also copied the infamous Vernon Robinson "He voted for sex research, but not for the troops" ad.

9. Let's have Ron Kind buy us all a Leinie's and we'll call it a day.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Make mine a Sunset Wheat

11. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

12. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

The guy admits he is expecting a fifth child.

That's the most damning part of that ad.

I'd never vote for that prick.

Draft saved Draft deleted