1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is a legal basketball shot that I could never, ever make

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

JC, too bad he didn't get four years of seasoning in college. He would own Lebron and Garnett.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Steve Kroft is a dipshit.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sorry I am making you guys resort to name calling, but I'm obviously not changing your mind and you are not changing mine.

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

Devil, if he "had some college seasoning" he wouldn't have been to the finals yet, because he wouldn't have been in the league yet. Sorry, but you're way off on this one.

Case-by-case basis, and in this case, LeBron most certainly made the right move.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Unlike most other HS to the pros players, LeBron:

1) seems to have his head screwed on correctly and was mentally ready for the NBA life
    2) was certainly physically mature enough both to play with men and to stand up to the long season
    3) was not poisoned by the AAU mentality

Two years at UNC or UCLA was not going to teach him anything about the game. Plus, he got playing time right away, so it is not as if he would have been better off getting 35 minutes a game in college instead of 10 minutes coming off of the bench.

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Plus, he'd know all kinds of shit that will one day be totally useless to him. Hell, tell him to major in journalism.

7. Petrie

Petrie Guest

I'm sure the Italian or Spanish league will be soon enough.

8. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So what if he didn't go to school. I am glad he didn't, because he may have gotten injured and we would have never heard from him again.

Plus it kept Ohio State (which is where he probably would have gone) from being good.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Actually, Powerade.

10. dargan

dargan Active Member

Best reasoning on here so far.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I have to admire Steve Kroft's restraint. Had it been me, some videotape editing jockey at CBS would be tasked with showing the shot in a way where my reaction of "Holy fucking shit" didn't end up on the air.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

To be honest, my reaction to the shot was "Well, that was nice." Nothing LeBron does anymore amazes me, he's that good.

Draft saved Draft deleted