1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This idea would RULE here

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm not saying I WANT to see it here. I find the idea humorous. It's not like so many threads don't already devolve into idiotic fights. The thought of it actually containing all the pissing matches is about as quaint as dixiehack's notion that we're all grown ups.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I kinda like the idea myself; it would be the most-read thread. But only if the vitriol didn't spread. Big if, I know.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sorry, you feel that way, JC. Please let it rest.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Slander? On a message board? Is Skype sponsoring?

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Just skip such a thread. Chrissakes.

Many of the rips are far too creative to be under the umbrella of PMs.

6. Dem's fightin' words. Let's go. Right now.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ragu, you suggested that we do not need such discourse on this site, so I reminded you that we already have it for the sake of emphasis. The reason some message boards have such forums is to try to contain the bullshit. I'm not arguing for it any more. But it's not as ridiculous of an idea as you make it out to be.

If you are suggesting banning everybody who gets into pissing matches on this site, well, that would be quite a few members of this board that would have to go.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

OOP, Once again for emphasis... and then I don't respond again.

The board has assholes who make it difficult to moderate and even worse, drive some of the better posters away. More and more as time has gone on. That doesn't make it acceptable. No, we don't need a place to "contain the bullshit." We need the bullshit to go away. And yes, Webby can and will ban anyone who is a continual pain in the ass and makes the board worse for everyone else. That is not a suggestion. It's just the way it is.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Ragu, I never questioned Webby's ability or right to ban anybody. I simply made the point that there are an awful lot of posters who get into the bullshit on this board. It would take a lot of bans to make it all go away.

Apparently you missed it, but I agreed with you regarding starting such a forum here. I no longer think it would work. I thought it was an interesting discussion, though, and from the looks of things I'm not the only one who feels that way.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Or come from the moderators, who have a little command of english.

I have the perfect place for those who want this kind of thing to go: It's called somewhere else.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ. the guy had an opinion. why not push him down and piss all over him?

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I had one, too. And I'm the grammar police, remember?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.