1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This happens when you're too good

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jr/shotglass, Jan 25, 2016.

1. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

The "young ladies" part irks me.

SFIND likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

1) If you're a club with 1100 members, you ought to be able to scare up a gym somewhere. Charge $50 entrance/membership fee, you have a 50,000 operating budget. Go scare up an abandoned garage/ pole barn and set up courts.

2) The video report was comically bad. Nobody is named: some people are just mad at some other people. Still photos are dropped in for 1-second shots with no indication of who or what they're of.

3) One of the early still shots looked pretty telling to me. In the middle of the picture is a girl clearly 1 1/2 feet taller than anyone else -- well over 6 feet, probably 6-4 or 6-5.

4) So their game plan undoubtedly consists of 4 super fast guards full court pressing buzzer to buzzer then throwing the ball up to the 6-5 center. I can see how that undoubtedly loses its luster real quick.

5) If you have a 6-5 center and 10 varsity-quality guards on your roster, you ought to go play AAU anyway. Nobody learns anything in 87-23 ass kickings over a bunch of Waldos.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Sounds as if not everybody is above-average in that neck of Minnesota.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If this league was operating normally, no one outside of it would give a single shit about it and no stories would ever be written. So why should they be now? This is less than nothing. This is two geezers in assisted living mad at what's on the TV in the day room. This is somebody not respecting the sign-in sheet at the Y. This is beyond pointless and banal.

Draft saved Draft deleted